Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Thus Spake Carathustra

Did you guys realize that all boy animals have penises, and all girl animals have vaginas? Isn't that funny?

Sorry not have contribued to the larger dialogue lately. As those of you who have been reading Blogging Open Martin (the At Dusk blog), we've been quite busy up in Portworld these days. Our new record is out (Heights), our festival is happening this weekend (PDXPOP Now!), and our crosscountry tour begins in just under two weeks. This is all really exciting. The busiest 6 months, for sure, since I graduated. But I'm feeling pretty damn good about things right now. I think we all are. Especially the Iraqis and Sudanese. Those guys are party friggin animals.

So what do you guys all think about Edwards as the pick? I think it was the right choice for Kerry, but - without knowing as much as I'd like to about him - I wish Richardson hadn't been so quick to bow out. But I'm hopeful about that stuff, too.

What's new with you guys. Cameron, to allay your fears, I (we all) read your blog, as well as yours Tyson. If you all started blogs, I'd wager we'd read those to. Speaking of which, this brings us to the issue of "lost alumni." Who knows what's up with these folks?:

Mike
Mikey
Bernie
Sam
Ben

I don't know and I'd like to.

Meri, for the record, is gallavanting around Norway right now, leading a wilderness trip. We'll meet up with her in CT on tour in August. She will then move down to SF for UCSF to become MDMD. She's having fun I'm sure, and has a lot to be excited about.

So who of you do we get to see when we're on tour? The itinerary is still developing, but you can see what we've got on the webpage (and I'll post it here, too). Also, if any of you feel beneficent, we'd love to be able to sleep on your floor if we come through where you live (excepting LA, where we'll sleep in our own goddamned beds, thank you very much). Except, Cameron, I think we're just missing you in the bay, no?

Anyhow, I hope you're all well. Speak here! Speak now! Be here now! Give strangers blowjobs!

Cary
www.atduskmusic.com
www.pdxpopnow.com

TOUR SCHEDULE AS OF 7/6/04

PDXPOP Now! Portland, OR 7/11/04
Hotel Utah San Francisco, CA 7/17/04
Red Devil Lounge San Francisco, CA 7/19/04
Bigfoot Lodge Los Angeles, CA 7/20/04
Silverlake Lounge Los Angeles, CA 7/21/04
Skrappy's Tuscon, AZ 7/24/04
Hole in the Wall Austin, TX 7/27/04
Rubber Gloves Denton, TX 7/28/04
Hi Ho Lounge New Orleans, LA 7/31/04
Springwater Nashville, TN 8/2/04
Staccato Washington, DC 8/5/04
The Tank New York, NY 8/7/04
Acme Underground New York, NY 8/9/04
Cafe Nine New Haven, CT 8/12/04
Wavelength Toronto, Ontario, Canada 8/15/04
Big V's St. Paul, MN 8/18/04
Vaudeville Mews Des Moines, IA 8/19/04

1 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

In fact, I will probably be able to make your show on 7/19 as I will have returned from LA by then. Also, I never got any notice of Meri's mailstop addresses.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home