Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Disgusting Head, Part II, Plus News

I heard back from my doctor and I am pretty much okay. When my doctor first called me with the test results he left pretty much this exact message: "Hi, Reid, this is Dr. ---- of the UCLA Head and Neck Center. I got the results of your MRI and your balance test. The MRI looks normal, and the balance test indicates that you have lost 60% of the balance function in your left ear. If you have any questions please give me a call."

Why, yes, doctor. As long as you are asking, I do have some questions.

When I finally talked to him he said that he didn't know what caused the vertigo, but that it was probably either a virus in my inner ear or decreased blood flow. He also said that while the 60% loss could be permanent, it didn't matter because my brain could just readjust to the new signals it was getting from my ears. Even though he couldn't say that this would never happen again, he did say that I don't really have anything to worry about.

In other news, I got a job yesterday. I am going to be clerking for a federal Magistrate Judge in downtown L.A. after I graduate. It is a two year position, which is a bummer in terms of timing when I actually get to live with Megan, but other than that I am really excited about it. It is pretty weird to have most of my life mapped out until I am 30.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

It's not weird for everyone. Congrats on the clerkship.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home