Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Have we already been forgot?

I just got back from seven months in asia. I had a blast in Hawaii, Guam, mainland Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Singapore, and Okinawa. So I sorted through my mail and sat down to read my exciting Spring '07 issue of Harvard-Westlake life. There's an article about a guy who just graduated from the Academy, and it mentions such other notable HW Academy grads as Brian Sofen and Kimberly Jung. No mention of Robert Eckhart and I. I also got a kick about him flying a flight in a hornet. I have over 400 hours in one! I hope the HW hasn't forgot (I just saw V for Vendetta) us already. I also hope I'll be able to make the 10 year. I may be somewhere else.

So other than Transformers, what movies from the last 7 months should I see?

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Welcome back, Mikey! I plan on attending the 10-year as well. I think Cary, Greg and I were talking about trying to book a show down there to coincide, which would be pretty rad.

Seven months is a really long time to be away from home. I've never even spent seven consecutive months in Portland. Wild.

Anyway, do NOT see Transformers. Ever. (I know you'll see it away. I would have.) I'd also advise you against Live Free or Die Hard. The Simpsons Movie is a bit blah. Sicko is compelling but unasahamedly one-sided. So... I'd definitely recommend Ratatouille, Knocked Up, and Superbad, and that might be about it. Oh, Grindhouse is also fun. OK, I'm done.

Where are you right now? LA? Will you be around during the holidays?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Tyson said...

I'd like to attend the reunion, but I may or may not be in France at the time, which is almost like being to a bunch of awesome countries in Asia.

As for movies, more or less ditto what Will said (though I enjoyed the Simpsons movie just fine). Also, 3:10 to Yuma has been way, way overpraised, but it's still a good movie worth seeing. As for upcoming stuff, I'm looking forward to The Darjeeling Limited, Beowulf (shut up), The Assassination of Jessie James blah blah blah, and, especially, No Country for Old Men. Apparently it's the year of the Western.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home