Sunday, February 05, 2006

Heddatron - My Friends' Parallel Successes

As I mentioned on the At Dusk blog a few days ago, my friend Alex has been having quite a year as the enfant terrible of the New York theater world, with coverage of his theater group, Les Freres Corbusier, in 2 New York Times slide shows, and a whole bunch of other couldn't-ask-for-better-press this year. His new project - put on and written by a bunch of my former theater brethren at Yale - is called Heddatron and is, through various framing devices, a play in which a woman is abducted and forced to act Ibsen's Hedda Gabler ad infinitum with a bunch of robots who are, literally, actors in the production. The run starts this coming week. If you are in New York, you should definitely give it a whirl. These guys are good at what they do.

This artistic triumph, along with classmate-of-our's Jake Gyllenhaal's Oscar nod, are giving me that much more drive to finish our record this week. You guys remember my "It's my time!" exclamation-snap from senior year? Yeah, that again. It's cool/scary to have enough time have elapsed since college to see friends' labors begin to bear publicly recognized fruit. 2006-The year of the dusk, yo. Either that, or total global annihilation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home