Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Yuk-O-Meter

In what turned out to a be a somewhat fruitless endeavor to spark non-band-related conversation with Cary and Greg tonight, I asked them over dinner if they could remember what had ever made them laugh the hardest of anything in their lives. They were able to punch up a few examples, but nothing definitive (it's a rather impossible question to answer). So I'm asking all of you guys the same impossible question. Can you think of anything that would definitely merit inclusion in a top five or top ten list? Bonus points for stuff we've all shared together. And some compelling sub-questions leap to mind; can you remember:

1. The hardest you've ever laughed at a movie?
2. At a passage in a book?
3. At a TV show?
4. At music, if possible?
5. The funniest thing any one of us in particular has ever said or done?

Just hoping to encourage the recollection and dissemination of fond memories. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

Hardest I have laughed at a book: The Pig Shit Incident in Cryptonomicon

At a movie: The epitaph in The Royal Tenenbaums

12:29 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

"Certain first-year physics conservation-of-momentum issues dictated that I be showered with former pig bowel contents in order to enhance shareholder value."

9:44 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Zumbubwutuks

2:46 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

I'll give this a scattershot:

Music - first listen of the sword and arrow sounds in Beck's "Pressure Zone" (I think) from Midnite Vultures

Book - I laughed hysterically pretty much the whole way through "Everything Is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer. Including the sad parts, so go figure.

Play - "Goose and Tomtom" - which I had the pleasure of doing with Maguen back in school - is one of the weirdest things I have ever read, and is probably closer to my sense of humor than any other play.

TV - The "Crap Bag" incident from Friends has got to be up there. Selected moments from Jackass figure prominently as well, such as the Santa/Duck drop-kick, or whatever that was.

Movie - Hard to say. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot, but the background mask/motor vehicle paintings in The Royal Tenebaums, and the photoshoot in Lost in Translation are definitely stronng contenders.

Friends - This is almost impossible to answer. Art History study groups, OVOV classes and that night at Jerry's Deli talking about dolphin's blowing stuff up with their minds would be included on my list.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home