Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me

Back in 1775, my Marine Corps came alive. Today, November 10th, is the 229th birthday of my Marine Corps. To mark the date the world's greatest killing and drinking organization was founded in a bar, I will share with you my favorite lines from the Marine's Hymn:

We have fought in every clime and place
where we could take a gun.

If the army and the navy
ever gaze on heaven's scenes
they will find the streets are guarded
with United States Marines.

On this day Marines greet each other with "happy birthday." I'm 229 years old bitches. Beat that! Ha!

Mikey

2 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

In God's name, why would Heaven's streets need guards?

9:58 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

There's two ways I see it:
1. Charlie's PTing right now, and he's everywhere.

2. Despite being by far the smallest service, the Marines are the only ones who guard the White House and all foreign embassies. If God needs help up there, he would no doubt choose the Marines. They are who the President trusts, and more practically, they are the best trained for it.
Honestly, when I die I hope to find that heaven's streets don't need guarding. I'd rather spend my time in heaven with 1,000 virgins.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home