Saturday, October 09, 2004

Speaking of the dead

I don't know just how close to y'all's hearts was Jacques Derrida. He died today. Strange that he should go now, when we are at a decisive moment and looking hard at Orwellian disaster etc.

Meanwhile, I've got the impression that my impressions of presidential debates have nothing at all to do with America's. I thought Edwards was really shaky on Tuesday (though managing not to lie outright could be considered a victory of some kind), but the word I heard was that he did a pretty good job. 0/1. I thought Kerry ruled yesterday, and George seemed petulant and moronic. But I learn today lots of folks think George made a good showing, despite not knowing that he has a stake in a company that does indeed produce timber. 0/2. What's the deal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home