Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Name That Column

One of a few exciting developments in my life lately is that I was asked to take over the local music column in one of Portland's two alternative weeklies. I will be turning in my first column for The Portland Mercury next Monday, but before I do so, I need to come up with a new name for the column. It has historically been called "The Scene Report," but "scene" rubs me the wrong way, with its connotations of exclusivity, hipsterism and other non-musical, non-community-based factors. The title doesn't have to be super clever, necessarily, but it should clearly convey that it is the local music column without sounding snarky or elitist. Any ideas? Song lyrics to co-opt? Famous phrases? Something simple?

I'm pretty excited about this opportunity and the possibilities it affords for exploring some of the community issues I'm obsessed with (i.e. all-ages exclsuion).

All input is appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

Music Beat
The Beat
etc.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Tyson said...

The Vicissitudinous Aural Euphoniocopia of Abp. Carg Q. Clael, Esq.

You might have had this idea before, but you could call one of your columns, "The Kids are All Right."

Also, please mention Valusint Borble at least once.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Will said...

This Is the Biggest Dump I've Ever Taken! No, Wait, THIS Is

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home