Thursday, December 16, 2004

Where I'm At

a.) it's a totally trite opinion, one that has been propounded thousands of times by the media and by rock listeners, from the passionate to the casual, over the years,

b.) I've already done my own share of propounding this past week by way of a Friendster bulletin,

c.) I tend to go through phases, short-lived and ferociously obsessive, in my own listening habits, during which I have a tendency to speak in superlatives when discussing whichever artist has become my flavor of the month,

BUT...

Nirvana was so --- FUCKING --- good. In compiling my uber-dork masterpiece list of my top 500 favorite songs, I came to listen to Nirvana with fresh ears for the first time in more than five years, and GODDAMN. It's no wonder why they were the biggest rock band in the world. Pop was so indescribably ready for them. Kurt was a true original. Every song they ever wrote fucking crackled. Even Hairspray Queen. And I will forever owe them a debt for having cleared for me the path to indie rock and punk.

I'll be in LA on Sunday, staying through New Year's. Let's get drunk and watch all three Lord of the Rings extended cut DVDs in succession.

On a related note: guess who's not as good as Nirvana? Every band on the radio today. And I'm out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

down for booze and hobbits. i'm back in la from 24dec until ca 05jan.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home