Saturday, November 10, 2007

Scoops

Scoops is an ice cream shop in L.A. that makes new and strange flavors each week (with some continuing flavors: brown bread is a perennial favorite). I haven't been there yet, but L.A. metroblogging has a weekly feature listing some of that week's flavors. Last week focused on salt as a theme, offering: Salt and Squash; Sea Salt White Chocolate; Salt Caramel; Salt Avocado and Honey; Butter Squash and Kabocha; and Pumpkin. This week explores tea, with: Earl Gray and Lemongrass; Green Tea and Coconut; Jasmine Tea and Ginger; Chocolate and Lapsang Tea; Lung Ching Tea and Dates; and Chai tea and Egg Nog. I want to go there and eat everything.

5 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I'll be in LA from the 19th to the 25th. Let's pick a day to spend at Scoops.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Tyson said...

I'm there the 21st through the 25th. Count me in for Scoops. In other weird sweet news, there's also Jin Patisserie, maker of such oddly flavored chocolates as Yuzu, Mango Basil, Black Roasted Sesame and Lychee. Yummers. I want one of these in my apartment.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

I will eat all of you mofos' ice cream out of your cones before you even notice. That's how dedicated I am to this ice cream project.

I'll be in town from Nov. 21-Dec. 1 . Let's eat and play. Any Wiis in LA? I'm looking forward to Mario Galaxy.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Tyson said...

Sadly (or not sadly, depending on how you look at it), my Wii is now here in Chicago. Maybe we can jump someone on the way to Scoops and buy another one.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Reid said...

The latest flavors: Ham and Honey; Bacon Caramel; Chocolate and Bacon; Cheddar and Cinnamon; Goat Cheese and Basil; and Mascarpone and Pumpkin.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home