Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Golden Compass Trailer

For the Pullman fans in the ehouse, a trailer.

Switching gears, what's everyone up to this summer? Who will be in LA? Any Portland visits on the horizon? I'll be making a trip out to the East Coast for a week in mid-late June, and then will come down for a week in LA to coincide with Sonic Youth playing Daydream Nation at the Greek, and Harry Potter graduating.

Other than that, recording an album, putting on a festival, writing a column, maybe doing some hypothetical grad school research etc.

Anyone read Yiddish Policemen's Union yet? I'm curious. Listening to Lethem's You Don't Love Me Yet at the gym these days.

Hope you're all well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I'm not without misgivings here (directed by Chris Weitz?), but if they do this up right, it's gonna rock everyone's private parts. Although I would never have guessed I was supposed to be pronouncing her name "LAI-ra" instead of "LEE-ra."

As for summer, I'll be in LA around July 20th-30th, also attending Sonic Youth, also having Harry Potter delivered to my mom's doorstep.

Is there any way all of us can meet somewhere in eleven days to watch the last episode of The Sopranos together? No? Darn.

2:14 AM  
Blogger Tyson said...

Misgivings here as well. I don't mind Chris Weitz - he did About a Boy, which I like a lot. But I'm really unsure about casting Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter. Doesn't seem right. Also, I heard that they're going to remove all the religion from the story. I don't see how that can work.

But anyway, summer. I'll be back in L.A. around June 9th to the 16th. Then again for the Sonic Youth concert, and possibly again sometime in August. Other than that, I'll be in Chicago, learning German and, hopefully, getting some idea of what my dissertation will be about.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home