Sunday, August 13, 2006

I Confess I Don't Entirely Get It

So I just watched the first three episodes of Six Feet Under. It's good. Very good, even. I can see interesting storylines and characters developing. And the acting, particularly the women, is excellent.

But as of now, I can't exactly see why such accolades have been heaped upon it. As good as the show is, it seems not quite in the same league as The Sopranos and The Wire (which, full disclosure, I've only seen one season of).

To be fair, I realize three episodes is a very small sample size. And I do feel motivated to see more, which is a good sign. Improvement is evident too: the third episode seemed notably better than the others.

Whatever the case, I look forward to having my opinion changed - productive activity is overrated anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I would argue it took all of its first two seasons to grow into the show that drew the accolades you referred to. Well, maybe it was drawing accolades right out of the box (I can't really remember), but it certainly took until Season 2, in my view anyway, to become the show that DESERVED that level of praise ('Best Show on TV,' etc.). Season 2 is really outstanding. Season 3 might be the best season of television I have ever seen. Just you wait. Your patience will be handsomely rewarded.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home