Thursday, April 21, 2005

Summer and such

Hey y'all,

So this weekend, I'll be getting together with some Yale-TD folks for the first time in a long time. That should be interesting. Last weekend I had dinner with Portlander Steve Osserman, which got me to thinking: when can I see my peeps up in Oregon? What's y'all's plans for the summer?

In other news, Tyson is wicked smart. His answer to my question seems to be totally correct to me. Also, I more or less understand limits and colimits in categories and adjoint functors. I have, however, no real idea what these things are good for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Hey Cameron,

It appears that we of At Dusk will be spending most of our summer recording our burgeoning masterpiece. That said, we'll probably be desperate for fun in the evenings, and regardless, you're absolutely always welcome up here. I'm sure that no matter when you choose to visit, fun will be had. Even if it mostly involves crappy blockbuster movies and gelato. And I know casa de Cary/Greg is usually the visitors' hotel; if they're full up or otherwise unable to accommodate you, you're welcome to stay with me.

Maybe it is possible to put links in a comment aftrer all... I'm on a Mac now, and as such have had to learn to manually input the html tags for all of my links. I'm gonna try one right here.

Link

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

Hey Cameron-

To add to your picture of the Portland calendar, here's my stuff:

Work goes until June 16 for me.
I will be on the east coast on July 4 for Jon Braman's wedding, which will likely be followed by a week or two of Meri and I travelling together.
Much of the summer will be spent in Portland as Will said, working on this musicmonster.

PDXPOP, the festival Greg and I work on, will be August 19-21, which would probably be cool to see, but we will also be extremely busy around that time.

Lastly, assuming you want a dose of the ugly, you should find out when Reid is planning on moving away for school.

Hope all's well and mathy.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home